As a professional Electrologist, I have always upheld the strictest levels of sterilization, disinfection, sanitation and cleanliness. You will see below, a list of the steps I typically follow to ensure practitioner and client safety:
• High-level sterilization of implements/tools/tweezers using PREempt CS 20 (chemical sterilant and high level disinfectant) as approved by Fraser Health.
• Single-use, disposable probes for each client, properly disposed of after use into
a sharps container.
• Sterilizing & disinfecting probe holder tips between clients.
Gloves worn and changed for each client.
• Disinfecting all frequently-touched surfaces (treatment bed, probe holder,
electrolysis machine, microscope, door handles, debit/credit card machines).
• Linens are changed for each client. They are laundered on high-heat cycles and
washed with bleach.
• Treatment room & waiting room are frequently disinfected with professional
• Frequent hand washing.
• Washroom is well stocked with liquid soap, paper towels, hot and cold running
water and is cleaned regularly.
Appointments are booked with a minimum of 15 minutes of clean-up time in between each session. This gives me an opportunity to make sure the room is properly cleaned and disinfected for the next client.
Cancellation fees are always waived when due to illness. Limiting the spread of germs is always appreciated.
• Store all clean linens and extra supplies in a closed cabinet or other storage area.
• Upon arrival, clients should wait outside or in their vehicle until notified by text or phone that it is safe to enter. I need time to ensure that the client before you has left & that I have cleaned the space so that you may to enter safely. I will open & close all entry & exit doors for you to limit exposure as much as possible. Clients should refrain from waiting in the usual waiting area.
Medical masks will be worn & changed for each client.
• Clients are also asked to wear a face covering when entering the building, during their treatment & until they leave our facility. If you do not have one, I will happily provide you with a medical mask. For some facial treatments, wearing a mask is just not possible, but we ask that you still wear one before & after your treatment to limit the spread of germs as much as possible.
• Clients will be requested to immediately wash/sanitize their hands upon arrival and before beginning any treatment. Hand sanitizer will be available in the waiting room as you enter as well as in the treatment room & washroom.
• I will wash my hands after handling cash (though I am asking for only contactless payments currently), before & after breaks, as well as at the end of my shift.
• High-touch items will be disinfected before & after each client. These include equipment, door knobs, dispensers, handles on machines and devices, all buttons, dials or tools, light switches, counter tops, entry & exit door handles, washrooms, treatment bed, phones and debit/credit card machine.
• I will properly dispose of all of the days waste at the end of each day when leaving.
Clearly visible signs will be posted promoting proper hand washing techniques.
I am requesting that all payments be done “contact free”. I can send an invoice that can be paid once you leave or you can pay with “tap” if needed.
• Clients should not bring anyone with them to their appointment. We need to minimize the number of people coming through our treatment space.
Consultations will now be done by video conferencing.
• Clients are asked to limit the personal possessions that they bring with them to their appointments & to keep all items with them on the treatment bed during their treatment.
• Client consultation forms will be sent via email immediately following a request for consultation and appointment booking. Forms will need to be filled out and returned digitally prior to the appointment.
• All pre-screening questions must be completed and addressed prior to the client arriving for a scheduled appointment.
Clients are asked to refrain from bringing outside food and beverages into our location.
Pens will not be exchanged between technician and client.
Washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
Practitioner will check her temperature before starting work & will check the temperature of all clients using a temple thermometer as they enter the building. One of the primary symptoms consistent with COVID-19 is an elevated body temperature of above 38˚C (100.4˚F). Thermometer will be disinfected between uses.
Call today to book your free consultation with no obligation.
Say goodbye to your unwanted hair, forever!
PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL
This treatment has helped countless clients feel more confident and happier in their own skin. We work closely with each client to understand exactly what they’re looking for and ensure they get exactly those results. For more information on this service, get in touch with us.
20% off your first treatment!
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, cash and e-transfers.
$25 + gst
$45 + gst
$55 + gst
$65 + gst
WHO WE ARE
Based in Chilliwack, Karen Dykstra is a certified electrologist. Electrolysis is the only form of permanent hair removal recognized by the FDA. We can help with all skin types & hair colours, as well as all genders & ages. We treat all of our clients using a Zeiss microscope for improved results. Get ready to say goodbye to your unwanted hair forever - give us a call today and find out more about our service and special offers!
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Mon: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Tue: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Wed: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Fri: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 1:00pm